Monday 5 January 2009

New Years Eve

New Years is a bigger event in China than Christmas Day is. Calvin took us out for a lovely dinner in a traditional Chinese restaurant with his translator for the film and Warren. It was a lovely big restaurant with 2 live musicians playing authentic Chinese instruments. Unfortunately, when we ordered the food, Calvin accidentally ordered me something which we both thought was vegetarian but actually had what Matt thought was pork. And I did swallow one mouthful and on the second mouthful as I chewed I started to realize it wasn’t vegetarian. So on the last day of 2008 I ate meat for the first time in over 9 years! Apparently everyone in China goes out for meal on New Year so the restaurant was packed. 

Classic Dumpling.
Dinner was followed by another session of pool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment