Sunday 12 April 2009

Dress Codes

I think it is fair to say that China in comparison to the West is less liberal. I’m sure my family and friends know the various ‘fads’ I’ve been through, different clothes, hair colours, piercings, etc. You don’t get that much in China. Everyone is more or less the same. But that’s OK. It doesn’t matter what people look like. People can dress however they want. Difficulty comes when it is blistering hot outside, even in March and it is frowned upon to show skin. I’m unsure what part of the skin that it is that is causing offence and surplus staring. It’s either the shoulders or the chest, not cleavage, just the upper chest. If it is not that correct time of year you must sweat out the Chinese temperatures! Well, they must. If we’re hot we’re taking off the layers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment