Saturday 7 March 2009

Matt's Birthday


Matt’s birthday was an exciting time, for me anyway because I had to undercover once again to find him a present that would out do his Valentines gift, a comb made of special Chinese wood, very fancy! I went on 2 secret squirreling missions on the back of Warren’s Scooter, I do wish I had a photo of that to show you but you know…undercover! For his 23rd birthday I got him a traditional Chinese imstrument called a liuqin (lee-oo-chin), which is apparently mostly played by girls….but who cares! 

Matt and his girly Mandolin.

Thom rockin' out on the liuqin.


It is pretty cool…not as similar to a guitar as I had thought, it’s proving quite difficult for him to play but he’ll get there. He is a talented boy. 

Hello Kitty Birthday cake. the manliest of cakes.


For his dinner the Chinese people told us that you must eat noodles on your birthday to give you a long life…I guess it doesn’t matter that we eat noodle every single day we’re here! So birthday noodles it was…it may give you long life but I guess it doesn’t stop you getting pooed on by Japanese sumos…

No comments:

Post a Comment