Monday 16 March 2009

Nicola's Day of Sadness



Last Saturday, the Sun finally showed its face here in Nanjing! So we all sat outside in the sunshine for an extra long lunch and luckily Nicola was overcome by a need to take more photos...again. Above is a photo of most of the people from Glory & Dream studio. 

And this is my illustration of that day! Done on the concrete with Matt's brand new mechanical pencil. 


The sunshine does bring out the crazies..

Nicola was feeling a little home sick a couple of weeks ago when Betty was about to go home back to Bournemouth, so Calvin took us all out for some western food that night. 

We went to a french restaurant in the University area called Les 5 Sens. It was the best food I've had since I've been here. I've never been a huge fan of eastern food, I like my junk food and bread and cheese, so I ordered French Onion Soup and Apple Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream. I will be returned very soon to get Mushroom Quiche and Chocolate Fondant and/or creme brule.


The following day Matt and I went out on a day trip around the local spots in Nanjing and in search of a magincal Bakery I had read about online called Skyways. It was allegedly located in a place we had frequented several times before...the DVD shops!!! It was a blistering hot Sunday afternoon and we walked up and down the road it was supposed to be on and just as we were about to give up we noticed a massive modern white building called 'Skyways'. It was brilliant! They have little forms that you simply fill in what you want in your sandwich and which bread etc. kind of like Subway but you know....good and actually fresh! they also sell lots of pastries and cakes and ice cream. It was a good weekend for food!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment