Saturday 7 March 2009

New Part of Town: Confucius Temple

Apologies to my parents and Matt’s parents ands Nicola and Alex’s Parents for not updating our Nanjing Adventures all month. It’s partly been because we’ve been busy at work aka valuing our time off work in the evenings and would rather be playing Mario Kart than recording our time here and partly because nothing of huge note has happened recently! But now we have 2 whole days off and a whole months worth of little adventures to make it worth my while making a new post and worth your while reading my new post. Enjoy!

In my last post I finished off by telling you of my new bunny rabbit Nayi which we saved from the cruel loud streets of Chengdu. Now that she was safe in a new home e could no longer expect her to sleep in a cake box! Animo from the studio took me to a new place of town that sold animal products. On my first visit to this new place, The ‘Confucius Temple’, I didn’t seee much but when I returned ( as I had found the cage I picked out on my first visit had bars which were too big and Nayi could squeeze through to escape) I walked around the corner and found a whole new world of animal products and general shopping. This is where all parents and close friends can expect their Nanjing presents to be purchased from FYI. Yes, Lots of animal products but also actual animals being sold as if they are products…a simple new CD you might buy on whim while you’re walking through the city centre. Very sad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment